Aikido Shobukan Dojo
421 Butternut St. N.W.
Washington DC, 20012
Our dojo is located about 2 blocks away from the Takoma Metro station, and several blocks off of Georgia Avenue.
Metro (Map from Takoma Metro Station)
- Take the Red Line to Takoma Station.
- Walk out of the station and turn immediately to the right and walk under the bridge.
- Turn left at the intersection onto 4th Street.
- Turn right onto Butternut Street.
- We are the first house on the right hand side; there will be an apartment building just before us.
From the North of I495/95
- Drive toward Silver Spring, and take the exit to Georgia Avenue Exit.
- Continue down Georgia Avenue, when you approach Walter Reed Army Hospital, begin to look for Butternut Street on the left.
- Turn onto Butternut, then proceed until you come to 5th Street, we are located on the left hand side (421 Butternut St.)
From the South of I495/95
- Take I-395 from I-495 Beltway toward District of Columbia.
- Take Massachusetts Avenue exit, and turn right onto Massachusetts Avenue.
- Turn left onto North Capitol Street.
- Continue down North Capitol Street, this will become Blair Road (keep an eye out!!)
- When you see the concrete retaining wall on your right look for Butternut Street on your left.
- Turn onto Butternut Street, cross the 4th Street intersection, and we are located in the first house on the right (421 Butternut St.)